WORKING WITH US
Located in St. John’s Newfoundland, our studio is highly collaborative. Our team includes architects, interns, interior designers, technical and support staff. The staff and leadership are open minded and supportive. We build our team with people who have a strong work ethic, good design sensibility and a high degree of computer literacy. As a smaller locally owned office, each employee works on a broad variety of projects with a high degree of responsibility. We are always interested in hearing from talented and passionate individuals. If you’d like to join our team please submit your resume and sample of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re Hiring – November 2022
(Please contact email@example.com to apply for the positions below)
We are searching for an exceptionally talented Architectural Technologist to join our team and help us deliver on our customer promise. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of projects such as: Commercial, Educational, Residential, Government, Non-Profit, Heritage, Industrial, Renovations and more.
We celebrate diversity and commit to fostering inclusive teams and spaces and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. FMA provides an open and collaborative teamwork environment with a potential for professional growth.
- Prepare working drawings
- Assist in design development
- Computer-aided design (CAD)Design and Drafting (CAD and/or REVIT)
- Conduct Site visit and collection of information
- Assist with preparation and management of permit applications
- Coordinate with sub consultants such as engineers and surveyors
- Diploma or equivalent in Architectural Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Architectural technologist / Draftsperson
- Experience with Canadian building codes, standards, and bylaws
- Exceptional communication ability (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge of technical detailing and construction processes
- Understanding of building construction and the value of effective technical documents
- Ability to utilize/knowledge of BIM coordination tools with consultants is an asset, but not required.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently
- Possess a drivers license
- Experience in specification writing, construction management, team leading, and consultant coordination would be of benefit
- Skill Set in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Project
- Experience with Sketch-up is an asset
- LEED or other sustainable accreditation
What is there for you:
We are a progressive employer providing a positive work environment. Innovative ideas are encouraged and employees are provided the tools to do the best job they can. Employees work as a team and contribute to each other’s success.
- 8 hour shift
- 5 years (preferred)
architectural technologies: 5 years (preferred)
- One location
- Full-time, Permanent
- $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- drafting: 5 years (required)
One location: We are only accepting submissions from those currently living in St. John’s at this time.
All employees at Fougere Menchenton Architecture Inc. are required to be fully vaccinated.